22 May Revive & Thrive with COSBOA’s $10K Small Business Relief Fund
Applications to apply open on Monday 25th May!
If your business operates through a company with between 2 and 50 employees, read on.
The Council of Small Business Organisations Australia (COSBOA) is offering grants of $10,000 (including GST) to sixty-seven (67) Australian small businesses adversely affected by COVID-19. As cashflow is an issue for many smaller businesses, this grant is to help assist businesses on the pathway to recovery after the temporary closures and restrictions resulting from this global pandemic.
COSBOA’s grant is aimed at supporting initiatives by small businesses as they adapt and innovate to emerge from this challenging period in a strong position. Such initiatives could include: re-purposing or re-modelling workspace, redesigning your business processes, new approaches to marketing, creating a new or upgraded digital presence, acquiring new software or equipment for a specialised service, or anything else that is aimed at securing or growing the business into the future.
To apply, you must develop a business proposal, which can be functional or innovative. The proposal must specify what you want to do with the money. COSBOA’s assessment will be based on your proposal and expected outcome. The eligibility criteria and requirements are set out below.
To be eligible to apply, businesses must:
- Be a for-profit company with an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Have between 2 and 50 employees.
- Have been in business for a full 2 years as of 1 March 2020.
- Have an annual revenue between $150,000 and $2 million.
If your business has been selected to receive the grant, you will be required to implement your proposal and provide COSBOA with a video or written case study story of your journey and outcome – whether successful or not! Your proposal must be implemented by 31 December 2020.
- Complete the online application form. Applications will open at 9:00am on Monday, 25 May 2020 and close at 5:00pm (AEST) on Monday, 1 June 2020.
- The selection process will be completed by Monday 8 June 2020 with provisionally approved grant recipients to be contacted on Tuesday 9 June 2020.
- Provisionally approved grant recipients will be asked to complete a criminal record check (at COSBOA’s cost) in relation to the business owners.
- Successful grant recipients will be announced publicly on Monday 29 June 2020.
- Grants will be paid into nominated recipient bank accounts by Tuesday 30 June 2020.
For more information, visit: https://www.cosboa.org.au/smallbusinessrelieffund