01 Apr Small Business Grant
Assistance for Victorian small businesses impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19)
As part of the Victorian Government’s $1.7 billion Economical Survival Package, the $500 million Business Support Fund has been launched to help small businesses survive the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and keep people in work.
Potential value of grant
Funding of $10,000 per business is available and will be allocated through a grant process.
Businesses are eligible to apply for a grant through the Fund if they meet the following criteria:
- Have been subject to closure or highly impacted by Non-Essential Activity Directions issued by the Deputy Chief Health Officer to-date; and
- Employ staff; and
- Have a turnover of more than $75,000; and
- Have payroll of less than $650,000; and
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and held that ABN at 16 March 2020; and
- Have been engaged in carrying out the operation of the business in the Australian State of Victoria on 16 March 2020.
If you have further questions about the Business Support Fund or eligibility criteria, please read the FAQs.
While owners of businesses that do not employ people (non-employing businesses) are not eligible for funding through this Victorian Government program, they can seek support through the Commonwealth Government’s Job Seeker Payment Program or the recently announced JobKeeper Payments.
How can the funding be used?
Examples of what the grant funding could be used for include:
- Meeting business costs, including utilities, salaries, rent
- Seeking financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- Developing the business through marketing and communications activities
- Other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
Evidence of eligibility and compliance
- You must certify in writing that they meet the eligibility criteria.
- You will be subject to audit by the Victorian Government or its representatives and will be required to produce evidence, such as payroll reports to demonstrate impact, at the request of the Victorian Government for a period of four years after the grant has been approved.
- If any information in the application is found to be false or misleading, or grants are not applied for the purposes stated in the terms of funding and application, the grant will be repayable on demand.
How to apply
To apply, you will need to submit and an online application on the Business Victoria’s website.
Please note that you will be required to provide a copy of your most recent Business Activity Statement (BAS).