Engagement of services
This page is to confirm our agreement and details the services Taxopia will provide on the signing of this agreement.
Taxopia as your tax agent is required to adhere to the Code of Professional Conduct under the Tax Agent Services Act 2009. In addition to the requirements of the Act, our Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards require us to communicate and document the terms of our agreement.
This page is to confirm our understanding of the scope of our agreement and the nature and limitations of the services that we will provide. Please read it carefully and if you have any queries or wish to discuss any aspect, do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Purpose and Scope of Agreement
- The scope of our agreement will include the services outlined within the attached quote.
- The scope of our agreement will be limited to performance of the services listed within the quote.
- If the scope does not meet your requirements or you would like to discuss the scope with us further, please let us know.
- This work will be conducted in accordance with the relevant professional and ethical standards issued by the Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards Board Limited (APESB). The extent of our procedures and services will be limited exclusively to the mentioned purpose of the agreement.
- Our agreement cannot be relied upon to disclose irregularities including fraud, other illegal acts and errors that may exist. However, we will inform you of any such matters that come to our attention.
- We consider that we have the necessary expertise to perform the services covered by our agreement. However, any changes to the scope of our agreement may require us to reconsider the terms of our agreement and/or make new arrangements with you.
- If you wish to change the scope of our instructions, please contact us.
2. Terms and Conditions
Note also that this proposal and fee is subject to the following terms and conditions. (“We” and “Us’” refers to Taxopia and “you” refers to your relevant entity)
- That you or your bookkeeper have reconciled correctly the records provided to us for all bank accounts, all transactions and GST accounts. You acknowledge that you or your bookkeeper have applied due care and skill in summarising the transaction data. If you do not understand any part of your bookkeeping or accounting process you must raise it with us in writing before the engagement commences.
- We will include preparation of a fixed assets register and associated depreciation calculations
- We will include one asset finance calculation and balance sheet representation
- We will undertake a cross-check against ATO portal records for the GST, PAYGW and gross wages. If the ATO records do not agree with your financial reports within acceptable materiality then additional fees will apply to make corrections (or you can make the corrections).
- This engagement does not include any advice or analysis of the following items. Bookkeeping, analysis of superannuation obligations, wages reporting to the ATO, FBT, WorkCover declarations or analysis, payroll tax declaration or analysis, contractor analysis or reporting, GST analysis, foreign tax analysis including any withholding obligations on payments to foreign entities or detailed ledger analysis of each account (this is not an audit).
- You are required to maintain all records, source documents, logbooks and other evidence to substantiate transactions in the event of an ATO audit.
- You are required to identify any private expenditure, non-business expenditure or capital expenditure that you or your bookkeeper have allocated to profit and loss accounts for the relevant reporting periods (as these will not be tax-deductible and may be subject to FBT)
- This engagement does not include attendance to any ATO audit or review.
- The initial 50% commencement deposit is non-refundable because upon receipt we immediately commence the engagement. If this agreement is terminated at any time when substantially all of the engagement has been completed by us then we retain the right to pursue recovery of the entire engagement amount even if only 50% has been paid.
- To maintain an efficient workflow and ensure that we meet your tax obligations in a timely manner, we retain discretion to terminate the engagement if within 21 days of us requesting information from you, you fail to provide the relevant information we request to complete the engagement.
- This engagement does not include registered ASIC agent services (an extra $125 per annum if required). In the vast majority of cases this function can be easily maintained by yourself unless you are regularly changing directors and shareholders details and addresses.
- This engagement does not include preparation, documentation and management of dividends and trust distributions. Also excludes management of franking credits or franking deficits.
3. Your disclosure and record-keeping obligations
- You are required by law to keep full and accurate records relating to your tax affairs.
- It is your obligation to provide us with all information that you reasonably expect will be necessary to allow us to perform work contemplated under this agreement within a timely manner or as requested. This includes providing accurate and complete responses to questions asked of you by us within a reasonable timeframe. Inaccurate, incomplete or late information could have a material effect on our services and/or our conclusions and may result in additional fees. We will not verify the underlying accuracy or completeness of information you provide to us.
- You are also required to advise us on a timely basis if there are any changes to your circumstances that may be relevant to the performance of our services. Specifically, if any subsequent event results in the information you provided to us being inaccurate, incomplete or misleading, then you are obliged to advise us as soon as possible. We take no responsibility to the extent that our advice is inaccurate, incomplete or misleading because it is based on inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information being provided to us.
- By accepting the terms of this letter, you will be taken to have agreed that the performance of our services is dependent on the performance of your obligations relating to disclosure and record keeping.
- The Taxation Administration Act 1953 contains specific provisions that may provide you with “safe harbors” from administrative penalties for incorrect or late lodgment of returns if, amongst other things, you give us “all relevant taxation information” in a timely manner (the safe harbor provisions apply from 1 March 2010). Accordingly, it is to your advantage that all relevant information is disclosed to us as any failure by you to provide this information may affect your ability to rely on the “safe harbor” provisions and will be taken into account in determining the extent to which we have discharged our obligations to you.
- You are also required to advise us if you become aware of any conflict of interest or potential conflict of interest. Generally, a conflict of interest is any event which may result in us becoming unable to remain objective in the performance of our services to you. Some examples of events which could give rise to a conflict of interest or potential conflict of interest during this agreement are changes to your business circumstances, events affecting your family (eg. death and/or marriage breakdown) or a legal action commencing against you.
4. Your acceptance of the terms of agreement
By clicking the “I agree with the Terms and Conditions” checkbox within the form, you are indicating your acceptance of the terms of our agreement.
We thank you for the opportunity to provide accounting and taxation services to you and your Group.
If you wish to discuss any of the terms of this letter please contact us on 1300 829 674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Team at Taxopia.